Contact

Main Website: Citizens Defense Coalition Email us at: CDCjournal@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Arizona House approves bill allowing concealed weapons without a permit
Via Associated Press

I'm moving to Arizona.

The Arizona House voted Thursday to make the state the third in the nation to allow people to carry concealed weapons without a permit, sending the governor a bill that would allow Arizonans to forego background checks and classes that are now required.

The legislation, approved by the House 36-19 without discussion, would make it legal for most U.S. citizens 21 or older to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona without the permit now required.

Sen. Russell Pearce, a Mesa Republican who sponsored the measure, said last week that he added changes requested by Gov. Jan Brewer's office, an indication that she is likely to sign it.

If the legislation is enacted, Arizona would join Alaska and Vermont in not requiring permits to carry concealed weapons.

I'd love to hear what John McCain thinks about this. I believe I'm going to give his office a call tomorrow. If I get a response, I'll update this post. Stay tuned.

CLICK HERE to read the entire article

2 comments:

  1. i love it...im moving to arizona..

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know/?i thought mc cain was for gun rights??

    ReplyDelete